As a long-time science fiction geek, I’d really like to get excited about the new emphasis on space exploration and research, and even a little more budgetary increase is better than none. Somehow, though, it comes across to me as nothing more than election-year grandstanding than something that’s really going to have much impact.
- Caught this amusing typo in the KIRO7 "breaking news" ticker last night. Seems Seattle City Light polices profanity! http://t.co/EBJMD1nqsY 5 hours ago
- Holy crap. This is freaky. king5.com/news/local/Rep… 14 hours ago
- When I have spare time (yeah, right), I need to come back to this thread and watch _every single video_ in it. ask.metafilter.com/241515/Just-sa… #80s 18 hours ago
- We’ve counted nine different kinds of birds at our backyard bird feeder within the past 20 minutes. Lots of fun to watch them all. 1 day ago
- Headline Fail: "Texas residents missing after tornadoes found safe". Well, I'm glad the _tornadoes_ are safe... wunderground.com/news/texas-sto… 6 days ago