Sometime between 10:42 and 16:33, I thought this stuff was interesting. You might think so too!
* [Massive police raids on suspected protesters in Minneapolis](http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/08/30/police_raids/index.html “Massive police raids on suspected protesters in Minneapolis”): Protesters here in Minneapolis have been targeted by a series of highly intimidating, sweeping police raids across the city, involving teams of 25-30 officers in riot gear, with semi-automatic weapons drawn, entering homes of those **_suspected_ of planning protests**, handcuffing and forcing them to lay on the floor, while law enforcement officers searched the homes, seizing computers, journals, and political pamphlets.
* [Amy Goodman and Two _Democracy Now!_ Producers Unlawfully Arrested at RNC](http://www.alternet.org/rights/97194/amy_goodman_and_two_democracy_now!_producers_unlawfully_arrested_at_rnc/ “Amy Goodman and Two _Democracy Now!_ Producers Unlawfully Arrested at RNC”): Goodman was arrested while questioning police about the unlawful detention of Kouddous and Salazar who were arrested while they carried out their journalistic duties in covering street demonstrations at the Republican National Convention. Goodman's crime appears to have been defending her colleagues and the freedom of the press.
* [Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant](http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/01/palins-17-year-old-daughter-is-pregnant/?hp “Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant”): Steve Schmidt, the chief strategist for the McCain campaign, was surrounded by reporters and cameras as he walked through the media center next door to the Xcel Center in St. Paul, where the convention is taking place. Asked over and over when and how Mr. McCain found out about Bristol’s pregnancy, he repeated, “Senator McCain was aware” of it and called it “a private family matter.” He would not say when Mr. McCain found out or how, calling it a “private conversation.” “The fact is, John McCain had a thorough search and made the decision to add Sarah Palin to the ticket because he believes” that she “will change America,” Mr. Schmidt said. (Sadly, "changing America" probably won't involve re-thinking her "abstinence only" approach to sex ed, even with this demonstration of just how well that approach works.)
* [Occasionally Plausible / And Kos I Just Don’t Care](http://occasionally-plausible.net/?p=618 “Occasionally Plausible / And Kos I Just Don’t Care”): "My problem with Kos is that it’s a cross between Facebook and a Star Trek convention. It’s impossible to navigate and just the second you think you’re getting somewhere you have to step over two guys coming to blows over the fine points of the Organian Peace Treaty." (While the time has come for me to start paying more attention to politics, I haven't had much urge to return to Daily Kos…and I think Pops just nailed why.)
* [Tigh selects Roslin](http://theburnlab.blogspot.com/2008/08/tigh-selects-roslyn.html “Tigh selects Roslin”): For those who aren't total Battlestar Galactica geeks, that's the Republican nominee and his new VP choice Governor Sarah Palin on the left and Colonel Saul Tigh and Laura Roslin, President of the Twelve Colonies on the right.