Sometime between January 17th and February 26th, I thought this stuff was interesting. You might think so too!
- 4 Laws That Could Stem the Rising Threat of Mass Shootings: "Pro-gun advocates claim new laws will not make us safer. But here is evidence the right laws will do exactly that."
- How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment: "The Founders never intended to create an unregulated individual right to a gun. Today, millions believe they did. Here’s how it happened."
- A Gun Ban Is Inevitable. Not just high-capacity assault rifles. ALL the guns.: "If gun owners can’t come up with something, and they continue to legitimize the NRA, then don’t be surprised when the right to bear arms is lost all together. Stranger things have happened in my lifetime, and yours."
- One Teacher’s Brilliant Strategy to Stop Future School Shootings: As Chase’s teacher explained this simple, ingenious idea, I stared at her with my mouth hanging open. “How long have you been using this system?” I said.
Ever since Columbine, she said. Every single Friday afternoon since Columbine. Good Lord.
* How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment: “The Founders never intended to create an unregulated individual right to a gun. Today, millions believe they did. Here’s how it happened.”
* The Problem with Panic: "Sexual misconduct, affirmative consent, and the dangers of shame and moralism." A very interesting and thoughtful piece on the current cultural shift regarding sexuality, assault, and accountability.